The Royal Blue Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephen Carr - Signs New Deal -

3 posters

Go down

Stephen Carr - Signs New Deal - Empty Stephen Carr - Signs New Deal -

Post  bluenosekev Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Captain's log - Stephen Carr has extended his Blues career.

Experienced defender Stephen Carr will remain Blues captain for the 2012/13 campaign after penning a new one-year contract at St. Andrew's.

Having previously worked with the Irishman, new Blues boss Lee Clark didn't think twice about retaining Carr's services and keeping him on as the club's skipper.

Commenting on the 35-year-old's new deal, Clark told bcfc.com: "I'm delighted that Stephen Carr has agreed a new contract with the club as he is a very important player.

"I've worked with Stephen both as a player and a coach and I know that he's not just a fantastic, international-class player but he's also a leader. Stephen is a major influence both on the field and in the dressing room and he'll continue as my captain this season."

Carr added: "It's good to get it sorted. I'm buzzing now and I can't wait to get back and get restarted with the lads. Hopefully we'll have a successful year.

"I always wanted to re-sign once everything was right for me and I'm happy to be extending my stay here.

"At my stage of my career, I have to be enjoying it and I know what I'm going to get now with Lee Clark because I know what he will bring from my days with him at Newcastle."

The Republic of Ireland right-back initially signed for Blues on a short-term deal in February 2009 but has since gone on to make 121 appearances for the club over a three-year period.

The former Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United man was forced to sit out the tail end of last season through injury but has been training hard in recent months to be ready for the forthcoming npower Championship campaign.

An exclusive BluesTV interview with Carr will follow on bcfc.com shortly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

kro.
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

like : 45

Back to top Go down

Stephen Carr - Signs New Deal - Empty Re: Stephen Carr - Signs New Deal -

Post  evergreen blue Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:11 am

I'm well chuffed over this. We missed him at the tail end of last season. thumb up
evergreen blue
evergreen blue

like : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:07 am

evergreen blue wrote:

I'm well chuffed over this. We missed him at the tail end of last season. thumb up

we certainly did trev.

Carr went off Injured at Chelsea away in the cup (after coming back from injury) and we never saw him again for the rest of the season

kro.
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

like : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  fatlad Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:25 am

Im glad to hear this, nice one Steve!

fatlad

like : 4

Back to top Go down