The Royal Blue Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blues v Middlesbrough - Match Thread & Chat -

+8
NickBCFC
Midland Red
evergreen blue
lindis
Raters
SimonBCFC
hootie63
bluenosekev
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blues v Middlesbrough - Match Thread & Chat - Empty Blues v Middlesbrough - Match Thread & Chat -

Post  bluenosekev Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Blues vs. Middlesbrough
npower Championship
St. Andrew’s Stadium
Friday 30 November (7.45pm kick-off).

Sky TV for us tomorrow night.

There will be a live link where you can watch the game on the forum in the Private Area thumb up

Our home form is in tatters this season but can we get the three points v Boro ?

Am going for a home defeat, Blues 1 Boro 3.

Thoughts ?

kro.
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

like : 45

Back to top Go down

Blues v Middlesbrough - Match Thread & Chat - Empty Re: Blues v Middlesbrough - Match Thread & Chat -

Post  bluenosekev Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:16 pm

LC played with a lone striker at Blackpool.

Wonder if he will revert to two strikers tonight ?

4-5-1- or 4-4-2 ?

Banner
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Blues v Middlesbrough - Match Thread & Chat - Empty Re: Blues v Middlesbrough - Match Thread & Chat -

Post  hootie63 Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Boro's form is just as in and out as we are so i fancy us to edge it Tonight so have gone 2-1 Blues that's assuming we do play 4-4-2.

Last edited by hootie63 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

like : 40

https://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonBCFC Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:46 pm

I've got tickets to this. Really don't know if I can be arsed.

Think we will see ~12k attendance tonight

SimonBCFC

like : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 pm

Nathan Redmond is back in the squad for tonight maybe Clark has seen the Light

hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:34 pm

TEAM NEWS

Birmingham City give late checks to midfielder Hayden Mullins (groin) and on-loan winger Rob Hall (illness).

Full-back Paul Caddis made a surprise return from injury for Tuesday's 1-1 draw at Blackpool, but dropped skipper Steven Caldwell remains in contention.

Middlesbrough midfielder Grant Leadbitter is doubtful for the clash with a calf problem.

Defenders George Friend (hamstring), Jonathan Woodgate (calf) and midfielder Faris Haroun (calf) are all out.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Birmingham have won both their last two home meetings with Middlesbrough 3-0, in the Premier League and Championship.

• The West Midlands club have lost only one of their last 15 matches against Boro at St Andrew's, a 3-0 defeat in August 2005.

• The Teesside club are chasing a seventh win in 10 league meetings with Blues.

Blues

• Blues lie three places above the relegation zone, looking for a first win in five Championship matches.

• Averaging a goal a game at St Andrew's, Birmingham are chasing a first home league win against a club in the top 16, in Lee Clark's 200th match as a manager.

• Chris Burke is hoping to make his 250th start in a club game, two days before his 29th birthday.

Middlesbrough

• A second win in four days will lift Middlesbrough back into the top two, having lost the two league matches prior to Tuesday's 3-0 home triumph over Huddersfield.

• Boro have had to score at least twice to claim 10 of their 11 Championship victories.

• Tony Mowbray's side have recovered a joint best 13 second tier points from losing positions.

Banner
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:37 pm

Remember this last time we played em ?

One of my fave goals from last season!

thumb up
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  Raters Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:18 am

SimonBCFC wrote:I've got tickets to this. Really don't know if I can be arsed.

Think we will see ~12k attendance tonight

Ticket office prediction is about 15k i read somewhere, don;t see it my self.
Raters
Raters

like : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  lindis Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:51 am

optimistic after a couple of after work beers I go for a 3-1 win. flags drinking

lindis

like : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  evergreen blue Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:57 am

A hopeful 2-1 win, if we play a decent midfield spoiler in the middle, and not Mullins. Banner

I'll be there as always. supporter
evergreen blue
evergreen blue

like : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  Midland Red Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:46 am

hootie63 wrote:Nathan Redmond is back in the squad for tonight maybe Clark has seen the Light

Or perhaps Nathan has ???

Midland Red

like : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:04 am

Blues starting XI V Middlesbrough:

Butland; Caddis, Davies (c), Ibanez, Robinson, Spector, Morrison, Mullins, Hall; King, Zigic.

And on the Blues bench this evening:

Doyle, Caldwell, Diop, Elliott, Redmond, Burke, Lovenkrands.

Banner

bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:42 am

ht 1.1.

Its Official !!!

We are Rubbish !

Marlon King pen just before ht got us back in it.

But we have been poor.

kro
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:11 am

and the Comical Defending continues what a farce

how the feck did they score wth 6 scores players v 1 Boro

1-2 to the Boro
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:56 am

FT ..

R U READY ?

I SAID R U READY ?

BLUES 3 BORO 2 !

Yea the race for promotion has began !

Cheering
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:11 am

In our situation 3pts is more important than the performance but it just cant caary on like this poor 1st lark is starting to wear thin with me now

But for now will take the points but far from happy

roller coaster
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NickBCFC Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:03 pm

I haven' put any money on blues in months. But 3-2 at 40/1 seemed a good shout! nice £3 on there! took a nice dent out of my xmas shopping budget!
NickBCFC
NickBCFC

like : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenoseghag Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Amazing game to watch, had me on the edge of my seat. Great win, great second half performance

20 goals in our last 4 games, as much as you can dislike Clark fucking hell doesnt he provide nail-biting football
bluenoseghag
bluenoseghag

like : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenose abroad Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:56 pm

I have no idea how we won that game last night.
Anyway, good for us Boro couldn't finish and a much needed 3 points.

Zigic was awful again, subs bench at best for him. Some of the defending was comical, got to get that sorted out.

bluenose abroad

Back to top Go down

Post  lindis Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:54 pm

Great win yesterday, i´m proud of the lads coming from behind two times and win the game.

But something must be done soon about the defence, two soft goals and what was Ibanez doing before the second goal ?

lindis

like : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  evergreen blue Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:53 am

I didn't really see their second goal, I was waiting for the ref to blow for the Hand Ball from the player who scored.. It was blatantly obvious from my position on the Kop. Around me everyone was fuming. That's how we got so mixed up as he took it away from Butland, and Ibaanez then fell on his backside trying to get at it, followed by Butland on his arris too. A sloppy goal yes, but illegal and the ref missed it completely.

He also missed the shot from King that was turned onto the upright by the keeper, without a corner to follow. Those of you on the Tilton may not have seen either of these points.

Oh and my pet niggle. Mullins. He touched the ball FOUR times in the first half and EIGHT in the second half with one crossfield pass. A lot of thin air chasing nobody at times. Useless.

Banner
evergreen blue
evergreen blue

like : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  Raters Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:34 am

bluenose abroad wrote:I have no idea how we won that game last night.

Zigic was awful again, subs bench at best for him. Some of the defending was comical, got to get that sorted out.

Zigic was awful? really? Which game was you watching? He won almost every single ball, some of his lay offs were poor, but that was down to the SHIT kicking from Butland, but most were very good.
Raters
Raters

like : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdham bluenose Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:17 am

Crap performane from Blues - but in our current state a win is what matters.

I ain't watching Blues on the bos again - too many shots of Clark. God I hate that cnut, and those two goons behind him. Tweedle fekkin dee and tweedle feekin dum.

lowdham bluenose

like : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  sheenablue Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:40 am

good result for the Boys made even better that hubbies baggies lost the following day.

sheenablue

like : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenose abroad Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Raters wrote:
bluenose abroad wrote:I have no idea how we won that game last night.

Zigic was awful? really? Which game was you watching? He won almost every single ball, some of his lay offs were poor, but that was down to the SHIT kicking from Butland, but most were very good.

Yes mate, I thought he was awful. If by winning almost every single ball you mean he got the first touch on it then I'll give you that one, but didn't amount to much really, did it. Every time I've seen him it's as though we're playing with a man down, he just doesn't contribute enough for me, and I saw nothing on Friday to change my mind.

bluenose abroad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next