The Royal Blue Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who was your favourite Blues Manager??

+12
baron von bluenose
Mrs_Ferguson
lowdham bluenose
bluenosemichelle
bluehag
SimonBCFC
bluenosebryan
bluenosekev
sheenablue
bluenoseghag
evergreen blue
greeniedeb
16 posters

Go down

who was your favourite Blues Manager?? Empty who was your favourite Blues Manager??

Post  greeniedeb Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:39 pm

who was your favourite Blues Manager? Mine i think was Barry Fry!!

greeniedeb

like : 7

Back to top Go down

who was your favourite Blues Manager?? Empty Re: who was your favourite Blues Manager??

Post  evergreen blue Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:04 pm

My favourite manager is hard to choose. I suppose I have five, and anyone of them could be favourite, because of their achievements.

Harry Storer.

Bob Brocklebank.

Arthur Turner.

Gil Merrick.

Freddie Goodwin.

You will have to look up the club history to see the achievements of all of these managers. We haven't really had anyone (in my opinion) since the last one. Who comes anywhere near them.

Banner

evergreen blue
evergreen blue

like : 33

Back to top Go down

who was your favourite Blues Manager?? Empty Re: who was your favourite Blues Manager??

Post  bluenoseghag Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:28 pm

I've only been following since TF so don't have many to choose from.

Might be a bit contraversial here, but before he left for Villa it was McLeish No
bluenoseghag
bluenoseghag

like : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  sheenablue Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:17 am

steve Bruce

sheenablue

like : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:50 am

Yea Barry Fry followed by Chris Hughton.

Barry Fry might have took us down but the Blues fans loved him, was never a dull moment when he was here.

Chris Hughton might have fekked it up in the play off's but last season was brill and we played some great entertaining footy.

kro
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

like : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosebryan Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:51 am

Agree with kev on this one,loved barry for bringing fun back into the game and CH for the way he got a ordinary squad pushing for promotion and if there was a third choice it would have to be lou macari,ok he left to join stoke but the football under him was very good
bluenosebryan
bluenosebryan

like : 25

http://westmidsfansforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonBCFC Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Potato Head [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SimonBCFC

like : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  bluehag Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:08 pm

I respect every manager ive seen at blues, they've all had their good and bad points (im sure clark MUST have some good points somewhere..maybe he's kind to animals or good in bed), but if pushed i'd go with jim smith, the bald eagle's team always played with flair & it was a pleasure going down and sneaking in when i was a kid to watch the likes of worthington,gemill,todd,langan,dennis etc..good times.

bluehag

like : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosemichelle Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:10 am

well for me it id pick steve bruce , barry fry , and of course chris hughton..these managers will all stick in my head totally different to each other yet all had the same motivation for the team ,

bluenosemichelle

like : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdham bluenose Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Freddie Goodwin - he brought top flight football at the Blues for the first time for me. I still rate the 71/72 promotion season as my favourite season, followed by 72/73.

In second place Steve Bruce - he brought us Premier League fooball for the first time and I loved those first two seasons in the Premier League. I also loved the 4 wins against Villa. He would be a honoured legend at many clubs in Europe -- he won away at our city rivals...and did it twice. I fekkin loved those two wins at Villa Park.

lowdham bluenose

like : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs_Ferguson Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:35 am

Got to be my pal Alex McLeish!! thumb up
Mrs_Ferguson
Mrs_Ferguson

like : 2

Back to top Go down

who was your favourite Blues Manager?? Empty brucey

Post  baron von bluenose Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:36 pm

steve bruce for me created our modern day successfull squad with some wheels and deals along the way.

he was able to attract some out of favour players who could do a number still, upson, clements,pennant, to name a few
baron von bluenose
baron von bluenose

like : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:49 pm

For the down right fun factor, got to be Bazza

For hero worship, King Trev

For best couple of years, I'd have to say Brucie (first couple of seasons in the Prem with Dugarry and the Vile wins)

For my first memories at the Blues, Freddie Goodwin

For the b*llocking he gave me for sitting at his desk when taking a "detour" during a tour around the ground, Jim Smith fighting

Rob

like : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenose abroad Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Jim Smith.

bluenose abroad

like : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  lindis Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Freddie Goodwin- manager at the time when I become a blue

Steve Bruce-Some great prem seasons

Trevor Francis- always king

lindis

like : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  kevb8ll Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:42 am

bluenose abroad wrote:Jim Smith.

I loved the football we played under the Bald Eagle.

Freddie Goodwin, Jim Smith and Barry Fry. If he gets us promoted, I'll make Lee Clark my all time favourite!

kevb8ll

like : 3

http://www.joysandsorrows.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down