The Royal Blue Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kumar years????

3 posters

Go down

kumar years???? Empty kumar years????

Post  greeniedeb Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:29 am

I keep hearing people talk about the kumar brothers i think before the OSullivan days and that they was in a similiar position....does anyone remember them days...and mind telling us the history behind that situation? Wasnt into football then!!

greeniedeb

like : 7

Back to top Go down

kumar years???? Empty Re: kumar years????

Post  hootie63 Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:42 am

greeniedeb wrote:I keep hearing people talk about the kumar brothers i think before the OSullivan days and that they was in a similiar position....does anyone remember them days...and mind telling us the history behind that situation? Wasnt into football then!!

The Kumars were pussy cat stuff compared to these Debs .
They owned some clothing companies had some great ideas just not the cash to back them in their lied the problem they couldn't really invest in the team and used all their own cash to balance the books until that cash ran out. So while they were bad times for the Club it was a totally different situation
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

like : 40

https://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:01 am

RECEIVERS to the Manchester-based Kumar brothers expect to sell the Kumars' 84 per cent stake in Birmingham City Football Club to one of half a dozen serious bidders 'within the month', despite the brothers' refusal to resign from the Birmingham board.
Leonard Curtis, the receivers who were sent in last year by the liquidators of Bank of Credit and Commerce International to recover substantial loans by BCCI to the Kumars, have called an extraordinary general meeting of Birmingham City shareholders for 25 January in an effort to remove the Kumar brothers from the club's board.

Ramesh Kumar, with his brothers Bimal and Samesh, who originally owned 84 per cent of Birmingham City through their company BRS Kumar, are still on the club's board despite having dropped plans to buy it back from the receivers. Samesh remains the chairman.

When late last year the brothers rejected calls from Leonard Curtis that they resign, the receivers called the meeting.

Bidders for Birmingham City include Solihull Borough AFC, a leading light of the Beazer Homes League, which recently sold its ground in Solihull for more than pounds 3m. The cash is still in the bank because the club cannot gain planning permission for a new ground in Solihull, so it has turned its eyes on the Birmingham City site.

The millionaire Wrublewski brothers, the owners of the Birmingham Bullets basketball club, are also in the frame.

The deadline for declaring a serious interest in buying the Birmingham City club was 31 December 1992.

David Swaden, a partner at Leonard Curtis, said yesterday: 'We are very pleased with the progress to date. While there had been talk of some 60 different offers before Christmas, unsurprisingly, the majority of those have failed to materialise.

'However, enough have been prepared to put up a pounds 5,000 returnable deposit in return for confidential sale details and we are currently going through those. The Kumars are not among them.'

hootie63
hootie63
Admin

like : 40

https://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  evergreen blue Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Before the Kumars, there was Wheldon, the scrap metal merchant from Walsall. He got into a mess as well. He was also responsible for selling the training ground at Elmdon.

I can't remember whether it was the Kumars or the Sullivan and Golds who moved us over to Wast Hills. I do know we only leased it from Birmingham University. I have no idea if it was purchased afterwards, or is still leased.

evergreen blue
evergreen blue

like : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down