The Royal Blue Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Six Thousand Mile Gap

3 posters

Go down

The Six Thousand Mile Gap Empty The Six Thousand Mile Gap

Post  Raters Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Thought this was a great read.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The intermittent saga of the Birmingham City takeover seems to have gone into another hiatus with absolutely nothing coming from either Paladini or Pannu in the past seven days. With less than six weeks now to go until January the likelihood of a deal being completed before the transfer window is slowly evaporating and the patience of Blues fans is being tested.
I’m hesitant to write about this at the moment – whilst nothing has happened in the past week there have been more twists in this saga than in a Chubby Checker concert and I wouldn’t be surprised if Thursday turns out to be a day when all hell breaks loose again. However whilst I can’t offer much if anything in the way of new information I still think there is a need to discuss what is happening; the mood is ugly and the whispers of protest against the board are raising their ugly head again.
The truth of the matter is at this moment in time Peter Pannu holds all the aces. The club is his (by proxy anyway) to sell and it would appear he has no rush to do so. It might be that Blues are slowly circling the drain in terms of finances and that the spectre of further player sales is becoming more of a reality but I honestly don’t believe that matters to Pannu or Carson – the club will be sold when it suits them to do so and in a manner that profits them best.
I think the geography of the situation doesn’t help either. Because we’re all over here and they’re all over there, people are reduced to electronic means of communication to try to wring some facts out of this sorry mess and I don’t believe that is conducive to painting a clearer picture. It’s easy to ignore a text message, a phone call or an email and I think that plays into Pannu’s hands as he can answer things at his leisure and on his own terms. I’ve seen people say that there needs to be some tough questions asked of the parent company but it’s my belief that if they are asked by these methods they will just be ignored. Similarly, I think Mr Paladini is going to struggle to come to some sort of agreement by following the same methodology.
It’s my belief that if Paladini and his backers really want to buy the club then it might behoove Gianni to get on a plane to Hong Kong, seek out Pannu face to face and thrash out a deal there. Similarly, I think the only way the media will get any answers is if someone doorsteps Pannu and/or Carson, shoves a dictaphone in their face and starts demanding answers from them. The big problem is that no one in the upper echelons of the media cares enough to stump up the airfare for a reporter to the fragrant harbours of Hong Kong due to “budgeting reasons” and thus we’re left to feed off the scraps that BIH and Pannu deign to feed us via infrequent statements.
The six thousand miles that divide the club from its parent company allow the directors of BIH a lot of leeway – I doubt they’ve seen the anger here and because it’s all online and far away it’s nothing to worry about. Whilst I wouldn’t commit to saying that I want Paladini in as a new chairman as I’m still unsure about him I am sure that a takeover needs to happen at Blues sooner rather than later. If we as fans are to do anything to force the hand of Pannu then we need to find a way to bridge that six thousand mile gap – and I will be honest, I’m not sure how that can be done.

Question, is it time to do a ville and buy some bed sheets?

You may, or may not, know I'm not a fan of protests as I think they can be counter productive and look stupid, just like the ville did a few years ago.

However, I now believe its time for a well organised professional protest to happen. It needs to be organised with support from the local press but must not be voiced, other than in banners, in the stadium.
If its well organised, with the support of local press we can get the message across the 6,000 miles.

Whats your thoughts folks?
Raters
Raters

like : 17

Back to top Go down

The Six Thousand Mile Gap Empty Re: The Six Thousand Mile Gap

Post  bluenosekev Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:46 am

Nowt wrong with looking stupid, been there done that.

It looks like the Chinese are not going to take Paladini up on his offer tho, if they were they would have done so by now.

Protests ? - best way to protest is with ones feet, saying that I already got me Palace & Burnley tickets so can we put any boycotts off to the new year ?

drink
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

like : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  baron von bluenose Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:38 am

i get about 4 lines down and cant be bothered id rather get my post count up by waffling away about nothing
baron von bluenose
baron von bluenose

like : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Raters Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:59 pm

bluenosekev wrote:

Protests ? - best way to protest is with ones feet, saying that I already got me Palace & Burnley tickets so can we put any boycotts off to the new year ?

Protesting should not have an effect on the players, empty stadiums do just that and make the situation worse
Raters
Raters

like : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum