The Royal Blue Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Clark

+4
bluenoseghag
Reggiereg
bluenose abroad
hootie63
8 posters

Go down

Lee Clark  Empty Lee Clark

Post  hootie63 Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:48 am

Noticed that a lot of the told you so brigade are turning on Clark already yet for me it's been the players who have been the biggest disappointment No heart No fight No willingness to win just seems like they are going through the motions until next pay day
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

like : 40

https://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Lee Clark  Empty Re: Lee Clark

Post  bluenose abroad Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:54 am

Bit early to start pressing the panic button, but that was as bad as I've seen us for a while.

bluenose abroad

like : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:55 am

bluenose abroad wrote:Bit early to start pressing the panic button, but that was as bad as I've seen us for a while.

yes but i would blame the players more than Clark
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reggiereg Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:03 am

hootie63 wrote:Noticed that a lot of the told you so brigade are turning on Clark already yet for me it's been the players who have been the biggest disappointment No heart No fight No willingness to win just seems like they are going through the motions until next pay day

But the players never had this attitude last season so what's changed this season? The Manager?

Banner
Reggiereg
Reggiereg

like : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenoseghag Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:09 am

I blame Clark for playing a league 2 standard player in Mullins yet ignoring Gomis who is our best midfielder and can actually keep hold of, and pass, the ball.

I blame Clark for playing Lovenkrands over Zigic, when Zig seems to be our only goal threat and Lovenkrands is anonymous at best.

I blame Clark for the midfield bypassing tactics we have employed recently that has backfired massively, and for overplaying Redmond instead of using the more canny and tactically better Elliott in away games

But, he's young, still learning and i'm prepared to give him a chance to alter his approach from League 1 style to the slightly more cultured and passing style our squad can play. We don't have the players to be a hoofball team, and i dont want Clark to be given the funds to get those players either. I'm happy to forgive him, but he's already on a yellow card in my book
bluenoseghag
bluenoseghag

like : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosebryan Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:16 am

Sorry but its a good manager that gets the team playing as a unit but with clarky the team does not seem to know what the duties are but i will give him 10 games and nothing improves then he can go but so far into the season its like watching a team playing under AM viler sad
bluenosebryan
bluenosebryan

like : 25

http://westmidsfansforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Poor signings by LC will be his downfall.

But whose fault is that? Lee Clark for having no money to spend or Peter Pannu's for giving him none?

signs
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

like : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Interesting Read this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

kro
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

like : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:18 pm

the main thing i took from the game was Clark on the sideline looking totally clueless.

Back to top Go down

Post  Reggiereg Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:54 pm

bluenosekev wrote:Interesting Read this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

kro

Following on from this, Taken from another forum but interesting to hear

"Huddersfield fan here. All this sounds eerily familiar to the last few years at Town. The ones showing discontent/noticing the bloke's shortcomings will gather pace and the apologists/hopers will dwindle.

The bloke has no tactical nous whatsoever and is out thought at every turn (That was in league 1 too, so in the championship its going to be like going up against tanks on horseback I'm afraid!).

The only reason we even got to the play-offs with him at the helm was because he had a budget at his disposal that dwarfed almost everyone else's in the division and he was allowed to buy an endless supply of new signings (The percentage of which were total **** was also alarming).

He has no idea whatsoever how to handle the media, which always deeply concerned me as to how he handled the players, as he doesn't come across a people person whatsoever and is entirely egoistical, always harping on about his achievements as a player.

This may go some way to explain how cracking players on paper suddenly turned **** overnight here. Were they scared to make errors? Did they have it coached out of them? In fact what the hell is Terry McDermott apart from a thick scouse caricature?

If you thought yesterday's interview was embarrassing just wait until anybody has the audacity to ask him anything remotely critical and prepare to cringe like you never cringed before.

Hearing that he had been sacked and was no longer associated with our club was to me, apart from gaining promotion finally, the biggest relief of the past decade.

I'm afraid there are tough times ahead for you with the chuckle brothers at the helm. Good luck, you're going to need it!"
Reggiereg
Reggiereg

like : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:05 pm

I don't think he is going to be a world beater but i will also make my own mind up when he as had a decent enough run of games to make my more informed opinion rather than 3 games into a season.
At the end he might not be the manager to take us forward it's just that at the moment to many factors at the club could be restricting what he could or could not be able to achieve so for the time being he gets my backing because for me at the moment the players are not doing much to help him IE: poor passing, poor marking, poor understanding, poor all round play
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosebryan Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:17 pm

hootie63 wrote:I don't think he is going to be a world beater but i will also make my own mind up when he as had a decent enough run of games to make my more informed opinion rather than 3 games into a season.
At the end he might not be the manager to take us forward it's just that at the moment to many factors at the club could be restricting what he could or could not be able to achieve so for the time being he gets my backing because for me at the moment the players are not doing much to help him IE: poor passing, poor marking, poor understanding, poor all round play

hmmm sounds very familar to when AM was in charge and that was down to the manager,oh you forgot about the total lack of shots on target lol!
bluenosebryan
bluenosebryan

like : 25

http://westmidsfansforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  evergreen blue Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:00 am

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being,BUT he definitely needs to get a hold of things fast. Very fast.

I seem to recall him saying that he wouldn't be chopping and changing the team selection around and would be sticking to a settled team. So far, and I'll stand corrected if need be,but I don't think we've started with the same eleven twice running yet.

Plus, as I've said before. Every good team needs a midfield spoiler, and if he can play a bit that's a bonus. For me a good example was Graham Souness at Liverpool.

Banner
evergreen blue
evergreen blue

like : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  NickBCFC Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:51 am

I don't want to bash on Clarke yet and I understand there has been a lot of player errors.

But last season we had two centre backs that would fight tooth and nail for everything. Now all I see is sloppy passing and lack of concentration from Caldwell and Davies. What's going on boys?

And I cba with the "poor midfielders" excuse, our two boys at the back have shown nothing compared to last season. fighting
NickBCFC
NickBCFC

like : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down