The Royal Blue Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feel Good Factor (not)

+6
baron von bluenose
Raters
hootie63
evergreen blue
bluenosekev
bluenosebryan
10 posters

Go down

Feel Good Factor (not) Empty Feel Good Factor (not)

Post  bluenosebryan Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Had to laugh when i saw this topic "feel good factor" on the main forum and thought a few of them was going to soil their boxers laughing
People really think we are going to get promoted with that squad,yes we have added to the squad but what with ? ageing players whos club didnt want them and are no better than what we have left allready plus its going to be a shock when a couple of big name players leave,it seems to me that we are getting quantity rather than quality
Here`s a few quotes from there:

I know we're not out of the woods yet but I can't help feeling good about things at the moment, a lot of positive things happening. Do you think I've got premature speculation?

I've got a very strong feeling of promotion this season and all the news recently is good news, them end of season blues have gone and I just can't wait for the season to get under-way.

My Buzz-is-zinging! I am so glad I have renewed. Can I say a big THANK YOU to Peter Pannu. I was convinced we were on the way out and somehow this guy has pulled us through. When I look at the likes of Rangers and Portsmouth, I thought we were going there, but credit where credit's due this guy has stuck by us through think and thin and after some of the unkind things said on this, the club message board, it would have been easier to walk away.

Some change in mood around this forum since Hughton and Mutch's departures, went from doom and gloom over a potential fire sale to a increased sense of optimism for the season ahead. Have to give massive amounts of credit to Pannu for appointing Clark and supplying with the funds to pursue his targets. It has not been easy but we are once again building a squad capable of competing for promotion.

I think we have a stronger squad than last season, so happy days. Does anybody know how many season tickets we have solld, my mate renewed last week and was told we sold 10000 has anybody else heard how many we have sold. I think we will sell a few more after this week.kro
bluenosebryan
bluenosebryan

like : 25

http://westmidsfansforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Feel Good Factor (not) Empty Re: Feel Good Factor (not)

Post  bluenosekev Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Our first 11 is as good as anyone elses in the championship tbh.

If we can keep the 11 together and not sell anyone else, steer clear of Injuries and suspensions we should do ok. The new signings do nothing for me tho, Ambrose is probaly the pick of a poor bunch but even he struggled to hold down a place at Palace last season.

We need some back up defenders, a left back in case Murphy gets Injured, a right back for when Carr DOES get Injured, another centre half as well as Ibanez is shite.

What I dont want to see at the start of the season is Ambrose and Mullins starting in the middle for us, Spector (and I dont rate him) and Gomis would be my preffered two until Fahey is back.

I dont get all this patting on the back for PP, Why ? CH has gone, Mutch has gone, Davies will soon be gone, no new shirts until September I have heard...ect ect..I wish PP would fekk off - I wont buy another season ticket while he is here, and it looks like thousands of others wont either. PP and CY are the reason why BCFC is the laughing stock of the Midlands right now.

kro.

bluenosekev
bluenosekev

like : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosebryan Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:46 pm

kev m8 my point was that 2 weeks ago everyone wanted to rip off PP`s head and now as you said we have made poor signings people are praising that him but i agree with you that our starting 11 can compete in this division but i know as well as you all these signings will try to soften the blow for when we sell some of our star players and then it will be a mid table for us but i hope i am very wrong and all the singings turn out to be gems
bluenosebryan
bluenosebryan

Back to top Go down

Post  evergreen blue Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:23 am

I'm not worried at the moment. I think the time to worry/Get concerned, will be around January/February, after the window closes again, if our position isn't good.

The squad we have now after these latest signings is quite reasonable in my opinion, with a blend of youth and experience. It may be a little heavy on experience, but that's not a bad thing when you're in a tight spot.

Yes I must admit I'm feeling optimistic, but then again I like to think I always am. I'll worry when I have to. Not yet. We haven't started.

flags Blues
evergreen blue
evergreen blue

like : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:39 am

The main point is that nothing as really changed

yes we have got players in yes the squad is looking decent enough or at least the starting 11.
(but have still spent very little if anything so once again things done on the cheap)
Yes we have new kit suppliers or history shows make a decent kit and supply is good
(but this would of had to happen anyway with the things that came to light ref XTEP)
Yes the club does seem to be on a more sure footing IE self supporting
(but surely this is more down to the Staff at the club rather than PP since he only came back into the country a couple of weeks ago after spending a few mths in Hong Kong looking for a buyer)

I do believe the wrong people are getting the praise for keeping the club in such a position that we are not starring Administration in the face and think the people related to CY and Co need to say a BIG BIG thank you to the club staff at St Andrews and not CY or PP

hootie63
hootie63
Admin

like : 40

https://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Raters Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:04 am

People are missing a simple fact here. PP is the boss, nothing happens at the club without his say so. if the club is doing, business wise, well then its down to him. if not its down to him.

As hootie pointed out, the club was facing administration in the face. The guys who run the shop, ticket office, reception would have no effect on if it happened or not. its down to the management.

You have to, if you like it or not, give credit where credit is due. PP is the boss, he has to be given some credit for the club not falling apart.

but then again, there always seems to be an agenda when it comes to the board with blues fans....
Raters
Raters

like : 17

Back to top Go down

Feel Good Factor (not) Empty wait and see

Post  baron von bluenose Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:54 pm

i m not optimistic about the season just hope we can hold position , top half will do
baron von bluenose
baron von bluenose

like : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:20 am

If we don't sell anyone (which i doubt) we will be contenders for a playoff place again ,time to face facts we are not a big club Female

Back to top Go down

Post  fatlad Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:33 am

would be really suprised if we didnt sell anyone

fatlad

like : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:09 am

fatlad wrote:would be really suprised if we didnt sell anyone

PP he just loves taking the dollars.
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  Raters Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:45 pm

bluenosekev wrote:
fatlad wrote:would be really suprised if we didnt sell anyone

PP he just loves taking the dollars.

Thats whats kept us from going into Admistration
Raters
Raters

like : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonBCFC Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:11 pm

We're going to win the league boys, didnt any of you know Cool

SimonBCFC

like : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyalBlueGardner Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Gonna be a scrappy campaign again....but thoroughly looking forward to it Shooting
RoyalBlueGardner
RoyalBlueGardner
Admin

like : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  NickBCFC Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 pm

William Hill have us 10/1 for promotion.

they have Blackpool at 16/1 ?!

Is there something we don't know? Shocked santa Basketball afro study pig cat drinking
NickBCFC
NickBCFC

like : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosebryan Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:49 pm

odds are dropping and now blackpool ahead of us
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bluenosebryan
bluenosebryan

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:54 pm

bluenosebryan wrote:odds are dropping and now blackpool ahead of us
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So the bookies (combined) have down to finish around 10th!

I would agree with that tbh.

kro.
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down