The Royal Blue Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddy Brown Dies.

2 posters

Go down

Eddy Brown Dies. Empty Eddy Brown Dies.

Post  evergreen blue Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:30 pm

Another one of my Heroes gone. A brilliant forward for Blues in the !950s. He scored our only goal against Man City in the 56 Cup Final, and scored against Barcelona in our win against them, just after.

I will always remember his pace. He was very quick and his anticipation to be in the right place to flick on or put in a header, was a knack that few people have. He also had a very powerful shot. Remember in those days boots had ankles, and the ball was leather and quite heavy.

Throughout his career I believe he scored almost a goal every other game. Not many can say that.

When I was a young Bobby in the 1950s, I was sometimes lucky enough to be posted to pitch duty along the touch lines. We used to get close to the players, and although he often got close to us and shook hands or gave some a hug. All jokingly, of course. I was never fortunate enough to be one of the recipients.

Yes a great character too. Often said to quote Shakespeare and poetry.

Sadly missed, I'll bet by a lot of my generation of Blues supporters.

RIP Eddy.
evergreen blue
evergreen blue

like : 33

Back to top Go down

Eddy Brown Dies. Empty Re: Eddy Brown Dies.

Post  hootie63 Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Obviously i don't remember him but its a sad day any time a former Blues player passes away thoughts go out to his family

R.I.P Eddy Brown
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

like : 40

https://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum