The Royal Blue Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blues v Brighton - Match Thread and Chat -

+2
Raters
bluenosekev
6 posters

Go down

Blues v Brighton - Match Thread and Chat - Empty Blues v Brighton - Match Thread and Chat -

Post  bluenosekev Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next up for the Lee Clark's boys in blue is the home game against Brighton at St Andrews this Saturday. Good side are Brighton and they play some decent football, this will be a very tough game.

We have already lost six home games this season, will this be number seven?

I'd take a point now tbh !

What say you ?

go now
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

like : 45

Back to top Go down

Blues v Brighton - Match Thread and Chat - Empty Re: Blues v Brighton - Match Thread and Chat -

Post  Raters Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:16 pm

I'd say poor attendance, £27 to sit in the Tilton!!!

I'd also say a lose, 0 - 2
Raters
Raters

like : 17

Back to top Go down

Blues v Brighton - Match Thread and Chat - Empty Re: Blues v Brighton - Match Thread and Chat -

Post  Rob Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:43 pm

I hope the game goes on - if only so that it doesn't ruin Trev's day.

Hope you have a great day Trev - it would be nice if we were on an 8 game winning streak and were expecting a full house, but I'm sure you'll all have a great day regardless.

I'm going for a 2-0 win (my head says 1-1 but I don't want to ruin your memories of the day by not having a win!) Female

Rob

like : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Latest news is Blues are 'HOPEFUL' the game will go ahead its condition around the ground that is the problem not inside.

Looking like a 9am inspection is called before a decision is made
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

like : 40

https://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  evergreen blue Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Thanks for your thoughts Rob. I've just had a call from the organisers and they tell me that if the game is called off. They will reorganise my day for another Saturday game, not necessarily the re-arranged Brighton one. So here's hoping.

I think the way we are at home at the moment we could just about draw the game. Having said that we need the combo of King and Zigic up front to create avoc in their area to stand any chance of a win.

Banner
evergreen blue
evergreen blue

like : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Game is officially ON so see you all later then

well done to staff and council for getting it on and actually not bad out walked the Mrs to work as said no 18s only to get nearly there and watch a 18 go past, Oh well enjoyed walk all the same stick to public transport or foot and not to bad
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 am

Going for a 1-3 defeat !

Back to top Go down

Post  lindis Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:33 am

going for a 2-0 win, optimistic as always Banner flags

lindis

like : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:08 am

: Blues starting XI V Brighton & Hove Albion:

Butland; Caddis, Caldwell, Davies, Robinson; Burke, Gomis, Reilly, Elliott; Redmond, Hall.

Blues bench:

Doyle, Hancox, Mullins, Morrison, Lovenkrands, King, Zigic.

Three strikers on the bench and none in the starting 11 ffs.

go now
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:49 am

ht losing 2.1.

You watch Clark stick Zig & King on after ht !

Useless manager.

go now
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:57 am

Ft 2.2.

Zigic got us out of jail in the 92nd minute.

Thats what strikers do - they score goals - someone should tell Lee Clueless that !

go now
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:07 am

gotta start with a forward on the pitch !

Back to top Go down

Post  evergreen blue Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:41 am

Andy, We did have a forward on the pitch, but I had to get off before the start.

I had a great day, champagne reception, down to the dressing room to meet the players, Then up to Jasper Carrot suite for a super lunch, plenty of drinks too. Then down to the tunnel to lead the teams out. Had a chat with the ref (Dowd) in the middle, photos then back to seats in the Directors box.

Tea and biscuits half time, and at full time back into Jasper Carrot suite for Cheese and biscuits, and more drinks. Finally met and had photographs with Burkey. Man of the match.

Shame about the result. What a team to start with. No recognised Strikers. Idiot.

Apart from the result, I had a super day. Thanks for the nomination. Banner

evergreen blue
evergreen blue

Back to top Go down

Post  lindis Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:52 pm

I´m glad that you had a great day, must say that you deserved it thumb up

Still can´t believe why Clark started with two good strikers on the bench, whats going on in your head Clark?

lindis

like : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 pm

Nice one Trev,sounds like a bluenose's dream supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:27 pm

First 20 mins we played well in control without any actual threats apart from set piece's which i suppose was understandable with no striker on the pitch.
Caldwell's goal was about the only good thing he did all game had a nightmare marking Brighton Forwards who were pretty good on the break but Poor finishing and Outstanding last minute save from Butland kept us in it. Clark's tactics were a joke to be honest 3 top strikers and you have them on the bench while you play the 3 smallest players/wingers in attack mind boggles.
Would of taken a draw before the game so yes happy with a point but serious questions need to be asked about Clark and sooner rather than later.
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Blues 50.55 mins

hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/ur l]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/17625991/136][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

only 2 that turned out ok my hands were a bit cold for some reason and couldn't stop camera from shaking
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raters Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:54 pm

I was supposed to be away with work and thus miss this game. But the trip was cancelled.

However, this was the first home league game in over 6 years that I choose not to go to. Just couldn't be arsed. Hope this doesn't become a habit.
Raters
Raters

like : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Raters wrote: Just couldn't be arsed.

Welcome to the Club thumb up

go now
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  evergreen blue Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Hoots. Those pictures you took and posted are great. Thanks a million. Notice the one with me chatting to Phil Dowd on the way out. He's got a sense of humour alright. When we were in the centre, I said to him. " You're a lot taller than you look on the tele" I can't repeat on here what his reply was though, but it was funny.

Had a brilliant day altogether, except for those bloody steps. All the way back up to the top. It forced me to have, to have a large whisky. To get over it. After I had got my breath back.

Cheers. thumb up
evergreen blue
evergreen blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down