The Royal Blue Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***Blues v Crystal Palace Match thread***

+3
lindis
evergreen blue
hootie63
7 posters

Go down

***Blues v Crystal Palace Match thread*** Empty ***Blues v Crystal Palace Match thread***

Post  hootie63 Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Blues take on Crystal Palace in this Saturday afternoon game with both teams needing a win for differing reasons. Blues will want to get back to winning ways at St Andrews after last weeks dismal 2nd half display v Wolves, whilst at the same time giving them a bit of confidence going into the busy xmas/new year period which could be a season defining time for the club relegation fight or play off/promotion chances either way 3 pts would be a start to lifting some of the gloom hanging over the club at the moment. Meanwhile Palace while be looking to maintain the form that has seen them top the table in recent weeks under new Boss Ian Holloway who's teams away form since the start of September reads won 5, lost 1, drawn 2 so it will not be a easy game for the hosts

Blues Team news

Lee Clark said
Jonathan Spector has failed to recover from the ankle injury that saw him substituted at half-time during last weekend's defeat against Wolves and Hayden Mullins serves out a one match ban against his former club after collecting five bookings.

"Darren Ambrose (knee) won’t be available, said Clark. "Jonathan Spector also won’t be available even though we’ve got good news regarding his injury. At first we thought it was serious ligament damage, but we think he’s got away with it and there’s an outside chance he might be ready for Boxing Day at Barnsley. But if not, we’ll be looking at a three week period which will take us probably up to Bolton.

"Hayden Mullins is suspended. Pablo Ibanez joined in with the group on Thursday and as long as he has no reaction he will be in the squad. Nikola Zigic hasn’t joined in yet but we think he can possibly join in on Friday depending on how he reacts with his calf problem. If he reacts okay he’ll be included as well."

With so many midfielders missing, Clark is as yet undecided as to his formation.

"I’ve got a situation now because I’ve got two or three slots depending on which formation I go with," he added. "At the moment there are four possibilities in terms of (Papa Bouba) Diop, Ravel Morrison, Callum Reilly and Morgaro Gomis (pictured) so there are opportunities for a couple of lads there to get a run in the team and it will be up to them.

"I thought the two wide lads Nathan Redmond and Rob Hall were really good last week. They are only 18 or 19 and they tired after about 60 or 70 minutes but I was really pleased with how they had done up to that point. Obviously the possibilities are there for the weekend as well if I go with a certain formation."

hootie63
hootie63
Admin

like : 40

https://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

***Blues v Crystal Palace Match thread*** Empty Re: ***Blues v Crystal Palace Match thread***

Post  hootie63 Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:22 pm

I'm going to be Brave here and say a Blues win 2-1 with the changes to midfield it might give us a bit more bite in the middle and hopefully rub off on others. One thing we will really need is a 90 mins performance because Palace are not going to make it easy.
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

***Blues v Crystal Palace Match thread*** Empty Re: ***Blues v Crystal Palace Match thread***

Post  evergreen blue Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:01 am

Got to agree with you Hootie. A bit more bite in the middle to stop teams coming right through us at will. I'm disappointed that (I know I sound daft) but Mullins only one match suspension. I would have liked more.

2-1 to us I hope.

Banner
evergreen blue
evergreen blue

like : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:07 am

I'm going 1-3 ,Blues to trail 0-3 at halftime after one of the worst 1st half performances in living memory,second half they come out and play like Brazil of the 70's ...Palace keeper plays the game of his life and is talked about as a future england keeper (don't know his nationality)with Marlon King beating him (as in a goal ) in the 6 min of extra time !!

Happy days !!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  lindis Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:23 am

Going for a 3-1 win to us (don´t know why) flags

lindis

like : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenoseghag Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:03 am

Clark will experiment with his formation as he's clueless without Mullins and we'll get absolutely slayed. 4-1 palace, with stupid formation and shit substitution one after another
bluenoseghag
bluenoseghag

like : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Cant see us getting owt today. Hope I'm wrong of course but Palace are flying and Ian Holloway will have them quick out of the blocks with players piling forward.

I would take a point now tbh.

Bit of good news is Mullins is suspended.

Bit of bad news is its only for one game.

Kro.
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

like : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  Raters Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Probably take a draw, but can't see it even being that good.
how times have changed, even in the prem against Chelsea Man u etc etc I never ever thought we never had a chance of at least a point. And was always quietly confident of pulling a win Shooting
Raters
Raters

like : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:22 am

Just got back.

FT 2.2.

Good result for us. Good Game.

Can see why Palace are going well, they have a lot of pace and skill in their side and deservedly went two up. Blues battled back well tho and in the end was a well earned point.

kro
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenoseghag Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:31 am

Good comeback just wish we didn't have to play like shite for an hour before we turn up, happens every week
bluenoseghag
bluenoseghag

Back to top Go down

Post  lindis Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:19 pm

bluenoseghag wrote:Good comeback just wish we didn't have to play like shite for an hour before we turn up, happens every week

Agree, looks like we always must do some fighting backs in every game. Only waiting to have a good game and not only a good half.

lindis

like : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:29 pm

bluenoseghag wrote:Good comeback just wish we didn't have to play like shite for an hour before we turn up, happens every week

Right from the kick off Palace were on top, Butland made an excellent early save.

Message to Lee Clark

Lovenkrands = Rubbish . Zigic = legend . When Zigic is fit he should start the game. Zigic was only on the pitch 1 min and scored, defenders dont like playing against the big fella.

:santadan:
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  Raters Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:20 pm

bluenosekev wrote:

Right from the kick off Palace were on top, Butland made an excellent early save.

Message to Lee Clark

Lovenkrands = Rubbish . Zigic = legend . When Zigic is fit he should start the game. Zigic was only on the pitch 1 min and scored, defenders dont like playing against the big fella.

:santadan:

Have to say, credit where credit is due. The Zigic for Burke sub was very risky, but turned out to be genius.
The crowd around me went ballistic when Burke was taken off. I just had the feeling it was the right move as Burke was all over the place again.
Raters
Raters

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:41 pm

But how we could do with a team full of Zigic's or Diop's players willing to put their foot in and have a go regardless of any risk of injury to themselves or others. I though Diop started slowly but grew as the game went on to such an extent that in the end the palace players seemed scared to put a foot in.
I joked before the game that was no rush to get in the ground as we never play in the first 45 mins never realised im clairvoyant. Was nice to have somebody with a bit of bite in the middle and i thought considering he was a surprise choice and lacking first team games Callum Reilly deserves a lot of plaudits for his performance i thought he played well along side Diop and they had a decent understanding of each others game.
The weak point of the team shone through again though everytime they ran at us i expected the worse considering the defense as got so much experience their positional play and reading of the game is terrible, Caldwell after playing a major part in both goals for Palace is surely due a rest his heading was bad is tackling not well timed at all and pace well say no more.

But like i said before the game be happy to come away with a point so I'm happy

flags flags
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:34 am

For anyone who missed the goals Blues highlights are at 18.50

:chriswel:
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  Raters Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:15 am

bluenosekev wrote:For anyone who missed the goals Blues highlights are at 18.50

:chriswel:

Cheers mate
Raters
Raters

Back to top Go down

Post  baron von bluenose Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:41 am

chers kev i nver saw the goals
baron von bluenose
baron von bluenose

like : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenoseghag Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:22 am

Embarassing those goals were, how easy they skipped past Caldwell and Robinson time and again. One thing we need in Jan, apart from new owners and better manager, is a decent centre back to partner Davies. Caldwell had 5m on his opponent yet still managed to lose a 5 second sprint to the ball. Rather have Tebz back out of retirement than have Caldwell any more.
bluenoseghag
bluenoseghag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down