The Royal Blue Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolves v Blues - Match Thread & Talk -

+4
NickBCFC
hootie63
bluenosekev
evergreen blue
8 posters

Go down

Wolves v Blues - Match Thread & Talk - Empty Wolves v Blues

Post  evergreen blue Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:20 am

Will the Wolves help us to get up from that 19th spot. We've been on it for sometime now and I'm getting fed up with it.

They had a good result on Saturday, and it might give them confidence. On the other hand we won as well, (a Miracle). That might give us confidence too.

Ah well, here's hoping, in spite of Clark. A tight match I think, with a draw on the cards. flags
evergreen blue
evergreen blue

like : 33

Back to top Go down

Wolves v Blues - Match Thread & Talk - Empty Re: Wolves v Blues - Match Thread & Talk -

Post  bluenosekev Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:28 am

evergreen blue wrote: Will the Wolves help us to get up from that 19th spot. We've been on it for sometime now and I'm getting fed up with it.

They had a good result on Saturday, and it might give them confidence. On the other hand we won as well, (a Miracle). That might give us confidence too.

Ah well, here's hoping, in spite of Clark. A tight match I think, with a draw on the cards. flags

I reckon it will be all over before ht.

bluenosekev
bluenosekev

like : 45

Back to top Go down

Wolves v Blues - Match Thread & Talk - Empty Re: Wolves v Blues - Match Thread & Talk -

Post  hootie63 Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:14 am

Our away form is good at the moment but i always fear the worse against the Dingles for some reason would love for us to turn them over but honestly can't see it so would take a draw all day
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

like : 40

https://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  NickBCFC Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 am

Who's going to this? It'll be the first time i'v been up in Brum and we're local.

Would be good to meet some of the forum boys for an early one at the anchor. Don't really fancy going alone to my first time at the Molineux I'll get torn apart!

Banner
NickBCFC
NickBCFC

like : 16

Back to top Go down

Wolves v Blues - Match Thread & Talk - Empty Wolves v Blues - Match Thread & Talk -

Post  bluenosekev Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:30 am

Blues make the short Journey north for the local derby v The Dingles Saturday tea-time.

Blues will have over 2000 fans at the game, an excellent following considering the rubbish football we have been served up time after time this season.

The game will be on a live stream on the forum in the Private Area !

Wolves had a good win last time out at Bristol and will have their tales up, whereas the Blues defence look all over the place.

Am going for a Wolves win but hope I'm wrong of course.

What say you ?

Banner

bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenoseghag Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:11 am

There'll be goals, we can score just can't defend. Gut says we'll draw this, but my head says we'll lose.

Lose badly and I think that'll be it for Clark once and for good red card
bluenoseghag
bluenoseghag

like : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonBCFC Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:12 am

I'm going for 2-2

SimonBCFC

like : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:24 am

TREVOR HAVE PM'ED YOU
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  evergreen blue Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:30 am

It's going to be a tight one, I think. If Clark picks the right team with a Midfield spoiler in, to stop them coming right through our middle every time. A score draw is on the cards. If he doesn't I can see us losing.

2-2 if he does my first suggestion. If he doesn't, and continues to play Mullins, then we lose 3-1.

Sorry to be pessimistic, BUT. Clark doesn't listen to me. flags
evergreen blue
evergreen blue

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenosekev Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:34 am

TEAM NEWS

Wolves may recall midfielder Tongo Doumbia as Stale Solbakken's men target their first home win in seven matches.
Doumbia has been rested for two games, but Dave Edwards tore his hamstring in last week's 4-1 win at Bristol City and it is too soon for Jamie O'Hara.
Birmingham could recall Wade Elliott to the starting line-up after he came off the bench to score in last Friday night's 3-2 win over Middlesbrough.
Darren Ambrose (knee) remains out, but could return to training next week.

VIEWS FROM THE TRAINING GROUND

Wolves manager Stale Solbakken told BBC WM:
"All three teams who gave come down from the Premier League have struggled for shorter or longer periods. Maybe this is the toughest Championship ever. It is a very competitive league, with small margins, and everyone can beat everyone on the day. There are no easy games.
"Probably it will be a little bit more intense in periods. Two teams that both need the three points.
"Some of the players will need to think twice, so we don't have this over focus on tackling and battling, as also have to play football."

Birmingham manager Lee Clark told BBC WM:

"Derby games are intense, all about the bragging rights. But it's about being motivated, playing the game and not the occasion and keeping your head and discipline.
"Sometimes players go off on a tangent and do some crazy things and get yellow and red cards that don't help the team.
"Wolves spent some big money for this division in the summer. I watched them at Bristol City last Saturday and they looked a powerful outfit. To win any game by that scoreline away from home is a great result."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
• These West Midlands rivals have participated in 120 league clashes since 1894, with Wolves winning 56 and Birmingham 36.
• They last locked horns in the third round of the FA Cup last season when, after a goalless 90 minutes at St Andrew's, a Wade Elliott goal proved sufficient to see Birmingham through the Molineux replay,
• Stephen Hunt scored the only goal in the most recent corresponding league fixture on this same weekend two years ago, when Wolves recorded their only victory in 11 Premier League and Championship local derbies against Blues.

Wolverhampton Wanderers

• Stale Solbakken's Wolves halted a nine-match winless run with last Saturday's 4-1 eclipse of Bristol City at Ashton Gate. Now they are looking for a first point in three and a first win in seven at Molineux.
• Wolves are the best behaved in the Championship, with only 18 yellow cards this season.
• Roger Johnson is anticipating his 400th career league appearance.

Birmingham City

• Lee Clark's Blues, two places and one point inferior to their opponents in 19th, gained their first win in five with last Friday night's 3-2 home win over Middlesbrough.
• They are the only club in the Championship without an away win against a bottom-half side, and should they let in one goal, they will take their total conceded away from home in second level league games to 1,500.
• Marlon King, last season's 18-goal top scorer, has got nine in nine games to give him 13 for the current campaign.

Cheering
bluenosekev
bluenosekev

Back to top Go down

Post  lindis Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:45 am

Another TV game another win 3-1 to blues flags (i´m on the whisky lol)

lindis

like : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenoseghag Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:09 am

Butland, Caddis, Davies, Caldwell, Robinson, Spector, Mullins, Elliot, Hall, Redmond, King

Bench: Doyle, Hancox, Packwood, Diop, Morrison, Burke, Lovenkrands.

signs Shit line-up
bluenoseghag
bluenoseghag

like : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:11 am

What a funny half no real threat from either team but Blues seeing more of the Ball then falling behind to a fluke Marlon king own Goal .
Very poor game to be honest shows in the stats

Wolves shots 1 on target 0
Blues Shots 6 on target 3

Possession
Wolves 44% Blues 56%

HT 1-0 Wolves
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hootie63 Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:04 am

well well well what a surprise Blues turn up and Play 45mins again this really is getting out of hand now, how can a team so consistently play only half a game without the management being questioned about what the hell is going on.
Good 1st half Bossed the game then 2nd half just surrendered all that good work without a whimper, Ok wolves didn't score another but really it wasn't for the want of trying something that couldn't be said about Blues.

Stats are amazing really

1st half
Wolves 1 shot 0 on Target ---- Blues 6 shots 3 on Target

Possession
wolves 44% ------ Blues 56%

2nd half
Wolves 13 shots 4 on Target ----- Blues 10 shots 5 on Target

Possession
Wolves 51% ----- Blues 49%

FT 1-0
hootie63
hootie63
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NickBCFC Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 am

I'm semi glad none of you boys replied to my post about coming up. Would hate to travel all that way to watch a 1-0 (own goal)

In other news I broke my ankle in football today.

Dont know whether I'd have watched the match or broke my foot (after toe poking a goal mind)
NickBCFC
NickBCFC

like : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  baron von bluenose Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:48 pm

NickBCFC wrote:I'm semi glad none of you boys replied to my post about coming up. Would hate to travel all that way to watch a 1-0 (own goal)

In other news I broke my ankle in football today.

Dont know whether I'd have watched the match or broke my foot (after toe poking a goal mind)

ooops sounds painfull mate , look after yer self hombre
baron von bluenose
baron von bluenose

like : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  evergreen blue Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:39 pm

Hard luck Nick. Keep your pecker up. At your age it will heal much sooner than most.

thumb up
evergreen blue
evergreen blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down