****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  hootie63 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:24 am

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Birmingham City take on Bolton Wanderers at St Andrews and with both teams having average starts to the season the game could go either way .
History is on Blues side with 33 wins 14 draws and 15 Bolton wins in the 62 games played at St Andrews between the teams and will be interesting to see if Lee Clark sticks with the team that played well in the 2-2 draw at Nottingham Forest.


avatar
hootie63
Admin

Posts : 1071
like : 40
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 54
Location : Birmingham

http://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down


Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenosekev on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:08 am

And remember the sound on the radio link sometimes doesn't come on till right before kick off, like on Saturday v Forest.
avatar
bluenosekev

Posts : 1273
like : 45
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 56
Location : Billesley

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  hootie63 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:11 am

bluenosekev wrote:Lowds and anyone else.

If I coudnt make the match tonight I would have the radio link that hoots has provided with my headphones on whilst watching the game on TV and the TV on mute..

Fekk the comm on TV.


kro

thumb up

i dont do phones and internet to advanced for me only just got computers and internet laughing
avatar
hootie63
Admin

Posts : 1071
like : 40
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 54
Location : Birmingham

http://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  lowdham bluenose on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:16 am

hootie63 wrote:
bluenosekev wrote:Lowds and anyone else.

If I coudnt make the match tonight I would have the radio link that hoots has provided with my headphones on whilst watching the game on TV and the TV on mute..

Fekk the comm on TV.


kro

thumb up

i dont do phones and internet to advanced for me only just got computers and internet laughing

well pull your fekkin' finger out then.

lowdham bluenose

Posts : 170
like : 10
Join date : 2012-09-04
Location : Lowdham, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenoseghag on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:36 am

Blues starting XI V Bolton Wanderers: Butland; Caddis, Ibanez, Caldwell, Murphy; Burke, Spector, Mullins, Elliott; King, Lita

Subs: Doyle, Davies, Morrison, Lovenkrands, Fahey, Redmond, Asante



where's Zigic?
avatar
bluenoseghag

Posts : 276
like : 12
Join date : 2012-07-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenoseghag on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:06 am

1-0 LITA Cheering Cheering
avatar
bluenoseghag

Posts : 276
like : 12
Join date : 2012-07-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenoseghag on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:32 am

1-1 hair pull

Sounds like a great free-kick
avatar
bluenoseghag

Posts : 276
like : 12
Join date : 2012-07-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  JayKaye on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:38 am

blues 1 bolton 1 half time

eagles with their goal on 44 minutes

some fans say Butland at fault - some say great free kick by eagles

COYBB
avatar
JayKaye
Admin

Posts : 132
like : 18
Join date : 2012-07-02
Location : beacon, cornwall

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  greeniedeb on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:53 am

how do i great this match thread?

greeniedeb

Posts : 56
like : 7
Join date : 2012-09-02
Location : Birmingham

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  greeniedeb on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:56 am

2-1 get in but not getting to excited until the finally whistle!!

greeniedeb

Posts : 56
like : 7
Join date : 2012-09-02
Location : Birmingham

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenoseghag on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:59 am

2-1! King pen, nearly made it 3 couple of chances.

Good save from Butland to keep the lead.

And more importantly MULLINS IS OFF
avatar
bluenoseghag

Posts : 276
like : 12
Join date : 2012-07-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenoseghag on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:51 am

2-1 full time massive victory Banner

not so massive attendance though, sub 15k again
avatar
bluenoseghag

Posts : 276
like : 12
Join date : 2012-07-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  hootie63 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:44 am

Great Result and a good performance Cheering

1st half most of the football was played by Bolton with Blues only putting a few decent moves together including some good football leading upto our 1st goal .
Bolton's goal was a very good free kick with nobody to blame .

2nd half was a different matter with Bolton reverting to hoof ball for most of it after King's penalty goal they did cause a few worrying moments but the better chances fell to Blues but in typical fashion we always make things harder than they should of been but all good display and certainly a massive improvement on previous lets hope they have turned the corner.

Stand out Player was Lita deserved MOM but a few played well a bit worrying about Caddis which looked bad but 3 hard earned and deserved points

Well Done Clark and Blues Clapping
avatar
hootie63
Admin

Posts : 1071
like : 40
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 54
Location : Birmingham

http://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  JayKaye on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:52 am

official is saying that Caddis has dislocated his shoulder and expected to be out for 4 weeks

KRO
avatar
JayKaye
Admin

Posts : 132
like : 18
Join date : 2012-07-02
Location : beacon, cornwall

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenosekev on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:54 pm

First half thought we were rubbish, Bolton played all the football. Good goal from us nice play down the wing from Burke.

Second half we started well got the pen (missed it as I was still in bar) but as the game went on it was all Bolton.

Man Of The Match was Butland, he made some excellent saves in the second half to keep us in it. Thought Elliott was excellent on the left as well.

Lee Clark's Substitutions.

1. Caddis had to go off Injured his Ideal replacement should have been Spector but No LC sends Curtis Davies on at Right back & Davies looked uncomfortable all night.

2. Burke is replaced by Redmond. Burke was and is our best attacking option what the fekk was LC thinking? Burke never got substituted under CH...Why take off your best player?

A welcome but lucky 3 points.


kro

avatar
bluenosekev

Posts : 1273
like : 45
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 56
Location : Billesley

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  Raters on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Not sure we ever rubbish Kev...

However, we're still not closing down or marking tight enough. It was the same last year under Hughton.
Still some disappointing distribution, why the feck does Butland kick the ball into the stand so much???????? Still seemed like strangers AT TIMES
We won practicably no throw ins, we have always been shit at defending and attacking throw ins??


MOM was Elliot for me (for blues), had a great game. MOM over all was their goal keeper, some world class saves!
Burke looked better this game but seem to get tired towards the end.
Redmond made some great runs, but gave the ball away far too easy and a couple of time in dangerous areas
Lita was great, took his goal very well. His positional play was excellent. Although his first touch let him down some what at times
King had a good game

Generally I thought we were pretty decent against a very good, tall, strong and dirty Bolton team.

Ref had a good game apart from his dealing with Davis, how the fuck that twat still gets away with falling to the floor is a mystery
avatar
Raters

Posts : 573
like : 17
Join date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  hootie63 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Ref had a good game apart from his dealing with Davis, how the fuck that twat still gets away with falling to the floor is a mystery

Ha ha i really hate that guy and was slagging him off all night every challenge he gets a nudge in before the ball comes. and gets away with it nearly every time.
avatar
hootie63
Admin

Posts : 1071
like : 40
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 54
Location : Birmingham

http://bluescollective.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:29 pm


Good resut for the boys Female Female

But 14,000 farting

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenosekev on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Raters wrote:Not sure we ever rubbish Kev...

However, we're still not closing down or marking tight enough. It was the same last year under Hughton.
Still some disappointing distribution, why the feck does Butland kick the ball into the stand so much???????? Still seemed like strangers AT TIMES
We won practicably no throw ins, we have always been shit at defending and attacking throw ins??


MOM was Elliot for me (for blues), had a great game. MOM over all was their goal keeper, some world class saves!
Burke looked better this game but seem to get tired towards the end.
Redmond made some great runs, but gave the ball away far too easy and a couple of time in dangerous areas
Lita was great, took his goal very well. His positional play was excellent. Although his first touch let him down some what at times
King had a good game

Generally I thought we were pretty decent against a very good, tall, strong and dirty Bolton team.

Ref had a good game apart from his dealing with Davis, how the fuck that twat still gets away with falling to the floor is a mystery

Butland made one fantastic save in the second half as well as some other good ones..but your right about his kicking, Ive mentioned his poor kicking before, but for me Butland was the reason we got 3 points last night.

For me the result last night is just papering over the cracks. And Lee Clark is very fortunate to be the manager of BCFC as imo he is completely out of his depth, sooner we get rid of him the better. No wonder there was only 14000+ fans there last night with the rubbish they have to watch since LC took over from CH.


kro


kro.
avatar
bluenosekev

Posts : 1273
like : 45
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 56
Location : Billesley

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenosekev on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Match Stats.

Possession - Blues 42% _ Bolton 58%

Shots on/off Target - Blues 10/7 _ Bolton 17/12.

Corners - Blues 4 _ Bolton 5.


kro


avatar
bluenosekev

Posts : 1273
like : 45
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 56
Location : Billesley

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  Raters on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:21 pm

bluenosekev wrote:Match Stats.

Possession - Blues 42% _ Bolton 58%

Shots on/off Target - Blues 10/7 _ Bolton 17/12.

Corners - Blues 4 _ Bolton 5.


kro



Thats a fair reflection of what I saw tbh. Only I thought their Possession was higher.
avatar
Raters

Posts : 573
like : 17
Join date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenosekev on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Raters wrote:
bluenosekev wrote:Match Stats.

Possession - Blues 42% _ Bolton 58%

Shots on/off Target - Blues 10/7 _ Bolton 17/12.

Corners - Blues 4 _ Bolton 5.


kro



Thats a fair reflection of what I saw tbh. Only I thought their Possession was higher.

They were also the away side lol! 58% possession ? Not many away sides will better that in a match unless you are Man U or Man City that is lol!
avatar
bluenosekev

Posts : 1273
like : 45
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 56
Location : Billesley

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenoseghag on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:43 pm

I couldn't go last night, but from what a friend told me (and what i got from the radio) is that we deserved to win. That apart from the end of the 2 halves Bolton didn't really have a look in and we could've scored 3 or 4 if not for their keeper.

Glad to see Fahey on for Mullins, and I actually agreed with LC bringing on Davies because Fahey Morrison might've got overrun in midfield, though Gomis should've been on the bench.

And Kev, i like the fact he replaces Burke, Elliott was outperforming him so Burke should be the one to come off. It's like picking Ibanez over Davies, the players need to prove why they should start rather than starting based on what they did last season, which can only be good for the team
avatar
bluenoseghag

Posts : 276
like : 12
Join date : 2012-07-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenosekev on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:02 pm

bluenoseghag wrote:I couldn't go last night, but from what a friend told me (and what i got from the radio) is that we deserved to win. That apart from the end of the 2 halves Bolton didn't really have a look in and we could've scored 3 or 4 if not for their keeper.

Glad to see Fahey on for Mullins, and I actually agreed with LC bringing on Davies because Fahey Morrison might've got overrun in midfield, though Gomis should've been on the bench.

And Kev, i like the fact he replaces Burke, Elliott was outperforming him so Burke should be the one to come off. It's like picking Ibanez over Davies, the players need to prove why they should start rather than starting based on what they did last season, which can only be good for the team

ghag, When it comes to substituting your best player there is the Chris Hughton way (you dont) or the Lee Clark way (get a list of the players names, get a pin and close your eyes). You getting my drift here ? affraid


kro
avatar
bluenosekev

Posts : 1273
like : 45
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 56
Location : Billesley

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenoseghag on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:42 pm

bluenosekev wrote:
bluenoseghag wrote:I couldn't go last night, but from what a friend told me (and what i got from the radio) is that we deserved to win. That apart from the end of the 2 halves Bolton didn't really have a look in and we could've scored 3 or 4 if not for their keeper.

Glad to see Fahey on for Mullins, and I actually agreed with LC bringing on Davies because Fahey Morrison might've got overrun in midfield, though Gomis should've been on the bench.

And Kev, i like the fact he replaces Burke, Elliott was outperforming him so Burke should be the one to come off. It's like picking Ibanez over Davies, the players need to prove why they should start rather than starting based on what they did last season, which can only be good for the team

ghag, When it comes to substituting your best player there is the Chris Hughton way (you dont) or the Lee Clark way (get a list of the players names, get a pin and close your eyes). You getting my drift here ? affraid


kro

Maybe, although Burke might've been our best player (by far) last season, but he hasn't done it this season. Redmond is much better on the right and the left and no matter how good someone is, if they're not playing well they don't deserve a god given right to be in the team, a problem every England manager has failed to tackle for a long while.

If Burke was playing as well as he did last season, then i would agree that taking him off is ridiculous

avatar
bluenoseghag

Posts : 276
like : 12
Join date : 2012-07-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  bluenosekev on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:54 pm

bluenoseghag wrote:
bluenosekev wrote:
bluenoseghag wrote:I couldn't go last night, but from what a friend told me (and what i got from the radio) is that we deserved to win. That apart from the end of the 2 halves Bolton didn't really have a look in and we could've scored 3 or 4 if not for their keeper.

Glad to see Fahey on for Mullins, and I actually agreed with LC bringing on Davies because Fahey Morrison might've got overrun in midfield, though Gomis should've been on the bench.

And Kev, i like the fact he replaces Burke, Elliott was outperforming him so Burke should be the one to come off. It's like picking Ibanez over Davies, the players need to prove why they should start rather than starting based on what they did last season, which can only be good for the team

ghag, When it comes to substituting your best player there is the Chris Hughton way (you dont) or the Lee Clark way (get a list of the players names, get a pin and close your eyes). You getting my drift here ? affraid


kro

Maybe, although Burke might've been our best player (by far) last season, but he hasn't done it this season. Redmond is much better on the right and the left and no matter how good someone is, if they're not playing well they don't deserve a god given right to be in the team, a problem every England manager has failed to tackle for a long while.

If Burke was playing as well as he did last season, then i would agree that taking him off is ridiculous


Burke is playing well tho, he is the pick of a poor bunch & am a big fan of Redmond, if only he could cross a ball.

Burke or Redmond ? its a no-brainer.


kro
avatar
bluenosekev

Posts : 1273
like : 45
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 56
Location : Billesley

Back to top Go down

Re: ****Blues v Bolton Wanderers Match Thread****

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum